Support our school with a tax-deductible donation
to the 2018 SWS Fall Community Giving Campaign
to Support Our Principal’s Priorities
Your financial support goes directly to helping to fund our amazing school:
- Classroom teaching partners at all grades that lowers our student-to-adult ratio
- Professional development for staff beyond what DCPS provides
- FoodPrints — Monthly 4-hour gardening and cooking sessions for K-5th grade and 2-hour sessions for PK3-PK4 students, plus our amazing school garden
- Learning materials that make our classrooms rich, well-stocked, colorful, creative, engaging learning environments
- Materials for specials -- Library, PE, French, and Music -- including books, sports equipment, international learning materials, and musical instruments
- Art Studio teachers and materials
- Technology for teachers and student learning
We hope 100% of our families participate; every gift makes a difference.
Please consider donating $17 per month or a one-time gift of $200 for every child you have at SWS ($17, $34, $51 per month or $200, $400, $600 in one-time gifts), as your resources permit.
Here's how to donate:
- Set up monthly giving or make a one-time gift by clicking the green "Donate Now" button at the top of this page
- Write a check, or give cash or a money order. Drop these off in the office with Ms. Shawna.
All contributions go to Friends of SWS (the DC nonproft set up in 2012 to support our school), and are tax-deductible. This campaign is the second biggest source of annual funds for Friends of SWS.
Our children are counting on us to all participate in annual giving! Thank you.